Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moab

This past weekend Jeff, Eva and I drove down to Moab, Utah to run in a half marathon, hike, and spend time with family. On Friday, the day before the race, we strapped Eva onto Jeff's back and hiked up to the Delicate Arch. This was Eva's first hiking venture, and even being somewhat sleep deprived, she did surprisingly well. She did manage to fall asleep for about 20 minutes of the hike but spent the majority of the time contently watching her surroundings and playing with her hat. Following the hike, Jeff had a blast four-wheeling with a few others of the fam.


On Saturday, Jeff's two sisters, Sarah and Laura, along with brother Jake and his wife Annie, Laura's friend Jenny, and I all ran in the Canyonlands Half Marathon. It was a very tough run but we all did well, and I had a great time. I can say that now that the race is over. During every race I've run, I always think to myself, " This sucks! Why am I doing this?" About half way through this one I wanted to crawl into one of the EMS vehicles and be driven to the finish line. But even now, I'm searching to find what race I should do next. During the race, my amazing husband was in misery as well. He had the fun task of caring for Eva, who hated every minute of waiting at the finish line for her mother. Every time he calmed her down, someone would yell and cheer and she would start her screaming all over again. She's staying home with the sitters next time. Also, my wonderful parents came down just for the day to watch the race and more importanly to see their beloved grandchild. It was great to see them and I hope they had a good time. It was a fun trip and I look forward to our next little vacation.

The Speedy Beakies

3 comments:

Laura Hall said...

I love the sideview of that hat! Its so long. We had so much fun with you guys! Great job again!

Green Montana said...

Great job guys!!! Wish we were there too. loves

Mango said...

Come do the San Francisco Half with me in November! It should be a blast! I can get us a place to stay!