Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Haps on the Craps

Just a little update on the happenings in the Green household. As most of you know, my parents have been gracious enough to let our little family stay with them for the foreseeable future, and this experience has actually been about as good as we could have hoped for. Grandpa and Mimi are always quick to take Eva when we need a little help or when we need a night off to spend alone. It's also fun just to be with the folks.

The other day was my 29th birthday (I can't believe how old I am). Anyway, Mom and Dad took Audra and me to the local Rodizio Grill for all the meat we could handle. It was a pricey meal, but it was nice. I must have eaten a couple pounds of beef, which tends to work wonders on my digestive system.

No, these aren't strangers in this next picture. I've just gained a little weight and have been faithfully attending the tanning salon.

I also got these fancy schmancy hiking boots. I intend to use them to conquer some Colorado fourteeners this summer. I'm ashamed to admit that I grew up in Colorado and have never summitted on of our infamous peaks.

In other family news, Eva has been sick the last week. She had a constant fever and was incredibly fussy all the time. Audra ended up taking her to the doctor to try and get a diagnosis, and they did all sorts of unpleasant things to her. They first checked her ears to see if she had an infection, but meant cleaning out her ears with a little metal hook thing. She responded by screaming bloody murder. For those of you that haven't heard Eva cry, you have no idea how loud it is. The nurses that were present when she was born were in awe of her set of pipes. So, after the ears turned out to be clear, they checked her for a UTI (urinary tract infection). How did they do this, you ask? They stuck a catheter up her hoo ha to get a urine sample. She absolutely loved that. That test came back positive so she was prescribed an antibiotic, which the doctor said might make her vomit.

Naturally, she threw up massive quantities while I was feeding her. My pants were soaked with white goodness, and I felt like I'd peed my pants when I walked away. The next night when she took it she didn't throw up until she was laying in bed. When we went to check on her she was swimming in a pool of slop. Poor thing. But the next day she seemed back to old self, and we're very grateful.

Here she is, happy as a clam.

In the meantime, Audra is currently training for a her second half-marathon which she'll be running in Moab, Utah next month. She's pretty dedicated and certainly has more discipline than I do. I hope Eva follows her mother's example.

This last picture is of my dad. The other night he decided that all the carpet in the house needed to be shampooed. He looked so impressive that I decided to capture the moment forever.


John and Laura Hall said...

I can only imagine how long you spent in the bathroom after the meat fest. Your daughter is so amazingly cute! I want to squeeze her. And I LOVE that picture you captured of dad. How classic.

Sarah Jayne said...

That makes me miss you all so much! How lucky that we get to head over tonight! Isn't it wonderful cleaning up your children's vomit? Just wait until she's eating real food. You'll have to wear a nose plug because it smells like adult puke. I can't believe how big Eva looks again. It looks like she's taking just a tiny bit more after you now. AND SHE'S SO BLONDE!!

Green Montana said...


I promise we meant to call you on you BDay. Happy belated. Are those the Asolo Fugitives? I've had a pair for a few years and I love them. Next meal is on me at Texas de Brazil. Mark it!