Sunday, April 27, 2008

Who'd Have Thought...

Yes, it's true. After seven long years at BYU I've finally earned my degree, and I must say that it feels quite good. Although much can't be done with a degree in Exercise Science except being a seventh grade P.E. teacher, I feel like I've learned quite a bit and I'm on my way. I can now sleep comfortably knowing that the best way to build muscle is by breaking the actin and myosin crossbridges in skeletal muscle tissue during the eccentric contraction of the muscle during isotonic weight-bearing exercise.

If you think I look like I've put on a few pounds in this picture you're right. You'd think that an exercise science major could master the art of eating healthy. But I just can't pass up a great red steak and a real Coke (none of that diet crap). I probably ought to get my cholesterol checked! Actually the truth is that I vowed to gain weight with Audra as she prepares to deliver our first child in July...at least that's what I tell people.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Congrats Jeff. If you do end up teaching PE to 13 year olds, don't offer to give them hair cuts after school (remember Coach Fowler at Ken Caryl and his dirty tatoo?). Just kidding, good luck with Med school...if that's still the plan.

Kelsey and Andy said...

Congratulations! We will miss you guys when you move. Maybe some butter magnificent sauce could help you loose the weight.

Jonathan said...

So, for maximum benefit wear Isotoner gloves while lifting weights? Sounds a little far-fetched but since you're the one with all the fancy degrees, I'll take your word for it.

Ryan said...

Well done, my friend.

You might want to reconsider all that red meat. Remember what happened to Jon "Whopper a day" Bush.